CURRENT KJM Library Guidelines – June 2021
June 1, 2021
- Please limit time in library to 1 hour.
- No children under the age of 9 without an ADULT Guardian.
- Room rentals are available with limitations: The Junginger Community Room can have up to 25 people and the Hyer Conference Room can have up to 3 people.
- Facemasks are strongly encouraged.
- Curbside services still available upon request.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP SERVICE
The library provides a curbside holds pickup service.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
1. Place your items on hold.
• Go to our catalog and place the items you’d like on hold.
• If you need assistance placing your holds, please call us at 920-478-3344.
2. Come and get your items.
• Enter the library parking lot and pull up near the entrance.
• Open your trunk or back window in your vehicle. Then return in your vehicle.
• Call 920-478-3344 to let us know you have arrived.
• Hold your library card up to your window and staff will check the barcode number.
• A staff member will place your holds in your trunk or back window.
• Please do not give items to be returned to staff members. You will need to place these in the book return.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I place a hold over the telephone?
Absolutely! Just call us at 920-478-3344 for help with any part of the process.
Are all materials available for pick-up?
Yes! All materials from the KJM Library and other libraries in the Bridges Library System are available to place holds and pick-up.
Do I need a library card?
Yes, you must have a library card with the Bridges Library System to use our holds pickup service. If you have a temporary e-card, please call 920-478-3344 you will need to email us a photo ID for proof of address and our staff will create a card for you.
What if I have fines?
If you need to pay your fines, our online fine payment system is available. Just log into your account to pay your fines online.
How long do I have to pick up my materials?
You have one week from the time library staff contacts you to schedule a pick up time.
What if it is raining or snowing?
We will try our best to continue pickup service in any weather. Materials will be in plastic bags. Feel free to call 920-478-3344 if you are concerned that the weather may impact your pickup time.
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and staff?
The no contact service we are using provides maximum social distancing for both patrons and staff. Library staff will follow the safety guidelines set forth by Jefferson County and Center for Disease Control.
Why are you using plastic bags for pickup items?
Plastic bags are a temporary measure to protect patron privacy, protect our materials, and to limit unnecessary human contact with Library items.