Summer Reading Program 2021 – June 7 – July 30
Registration begins May 24!
In Beanstack, you can view the available activities, enter your reading progress, write book reviews and more. You will receive prizes as you progress and be entered into drawings at the end of the summer.
To get the most out of your summer reading experience, we recommend that you create a Beanstack account. Parents can also create accounts for their children under one family username and password. To register, visit the Beanstack website or download and login through the Beanstack Tracker app – search by Karl Junginger Memorial Library.
Beanstack will automatically direct you to the appropriate activities based on your age.
*Note: For children with ages that could be between programs, two summer program options may be given. Once you select their reading program option they will need to stay with that program for the summer. Additionally, older teens can make the choice to join the adult reading program, but adults should ONLY participate in the adult reading program.
There are four age group challenges with their own reading requirements:
- Early Literacy (preschool and younger)
- Juvenile (ages 6 – 11 / school age independent readers)
- Teens (ages 12 – 18)
- Adults (ages 19 and older)
In order to be contacted about prizes and drawings, an email address or telephone number will be necessary as part of your Beanstack profile.
There are two ways for readers to deposit tickets in the mobile app.
- When readers earn a badge that has a ticket or multiple tickets attached to it, a window will pop up on their screen notifying them that they have earned a badge and ticket(s). From there, they can click the Drawings button.
- When readers are on the home screen, they can click the Discover compass icon (located at the bottom of the screen) and then View Challenge to enter the ticket challenge they’re enrolled in. From there, they’ll see all the different challenge components and can click the Drawings ticket icon.
Both steps 1 and 2 will take readers to the Ticket Drawings screen, which lists all the prize options that readers can put their ticket(s) toward
From there, readers can click on a prize option they’re interested in and then Add Tickets to select the number of tickets they want to deposit.
After adding their tickets to a prize option, readers can remove their tickets by clicking the Remove Tickets button and then selecting how many tickets they want toward that prize option.